What will the downfall of Disney be?
The streaming service Disney + started in Germany on Tuesday, March 24th, 2020. We explain what you need to know.
- The Walt Disney Company is sending its own platform into the streaming race
- Netflix and Co. should put pressure on classics and new own creations
- Disney + starts with a real competitive price and offers a free trial week
Update from Tuesday, March 24th, 2020, 1:03 p.m .: Disney + has finally arrived in Germany. But before you sweeten your week with "The Mandalorian" or old classics from Walt Disney, we would like to explain once again which devices you can use them on Disney + app can use and what else you need to know.
First of all, we would like to point out to anyone who is undecided that Disney is currently offering a free trial week(promotional link) offers. You can then opt for a monthly (€ 6.99) or annual subscription (€ 69.99). The service can be canceled at any time.
Disney +: App is offered on many devices
But how do you actually receive Disney +? Because it is not a paid TV channel like Sky, but just a pure streaming app. The Disney + app can not only be used on all smart TVs and in various browsers, but is also available for the following devices:
- Android (smartphones, tablets and TVs)
- Apple (iPhone, iPad and TV)
- Amazon Fire tablets and sticks
- Playstation 4
- Xbox One
Disney +: Larger offer than initially assumed
Until recently, it was still unclear which films and series Disney + would start with in this country. Now, however, it can justifiably be said that the selection in the Disney + app is quite impressive. A brief overview:
- All "Starwars" Films, except for "The Rise of Skywalker"
- 16 of currently 23 existing films by Marvel Cinematic Universe
- 20 Pixar filmsincluding "Finding Nemo" and "Toy Story"
- All Disney classics, including series as well as films
- Season 1-30 of "The simpsons"
Initial report: The time has come Disney +* (promotional link - the promotion has expired), the new Streaming-Service from the USA, also reaches Germany towards the end of the month. Since the mighty mouse now feels half the entertainment industry has torn under its paw, in addition to long-established Disney fans, lovers of the Marvel studios and self-proclaimed Jedi knights should look forward to the latest creations from the house Disney be.
What does Disney + have to offer compared to the competition?
"Some new one again Streaming- Service? ”, Some readers will now think, perhaps rightly, but the service is from Disney to be a serious competitor of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Because in contrast to German media libraries such as TVNow or Joyn, the offer from Disney + Not only score points with your own creations, but also fall back on a decades-old catalog that is valued or even dearly loved by both young and old.
It also describes Disney the in-house Streaming service also as "the new home of Pixar and National Geographic". Contents of the purchased20th Century Studios, formerly known as "20th Century Fox" Disney + also offer in the future. Even other American providers such as AppleTV + or Hulu, who have wanted to establish themselves as fixed streaming sizes for some time, cannot keep up.
Disney + starts with a manageable offer
As far as new films and series are concerned, the anticipation should be slowed down a little at this point, as confirmed for the start of Germany on March 24th, 2020 Disney including the following new titles:
- "The Mandalorian"
- "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series"
- The final season of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"
- A real film remake of "Lady and the Tramp"
Fans of the Star Wars saga "The Mandalorian" catches the eye here, of course. Jon Favreau's "Space Western", who is already on "Iron Man" Directed, is about a nameless warrior who makes his living as a bounty hunter five years after the fall of the Empire. The series can be classified in terms of time nine years after the events of "Episode IV - A New Hope".
The remake of "Lady and the Tramp" is not a new cartoon version, but a real film. Lover of Disney So we can not only look forward to a return of the two characters, but also look forward to how the film looks with real dogs and how it compares to the original.
Lady and the Tramp (2019) pic.twitter.com/bWBmn3KQLe- Disney + (@disneyplus) October 14, 2019
What else does Disney have planned?
Otherwise, the German viewers expected to start from Disney + also "encore!" by actress Kristen Bell, as well as "The World According to Jeff Goldblum", in which the actor gossip about everyday objects and things with a soft voice and a humorous approach.
Long-awaited series from the Marvel universe, such as "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" and "Loki", are still in production. Fans of the comic book adaptations have to wait longingly.
While a huge catalog of films and series is already available in the United States, it is still unclear whether all of the classics by Disney, all Marvel productions and Pixar movies will also be available in Germany at the start. Sooner or later, however, the same offer can of course also be expected in this country.
Disney + lures with a low price
Millions of people in Germany already use Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, and in some households there are also subscriptions to Sky and possibly DAZN, depending on how sporty you are. You'd better think twice about joining Disney + yet another Subscription concludes.
The price plays in times of Streaming so a big role. Hence sets Disney not just in the form of Starwars and Marvel on the strategy of brand perception, but also wants to put the competition under pressure with an aggressive pricing policy.
Fair #price when actually most of the #Disney films are available. Let's see how long it takes until the price is increased 🙈- Dani (@ D2N1W) January 21, 2020
For example, while a simple basic subscription with Netflix costs € 7.99 per month, Disney only charges € 6.99. The price difference of a small euro may seem marginal at first, but on closer inspection it becomes apparent that Disney offers significantly more for little money: that's how it is Stream possible on up to four devices at the same time, and sometimes even in Ultra HD. Downloads for offline use are also possible. You don't have to pay anything extra. With Netflix, on the other hand, a comparable subscription costs € 15.99, more than double that.
Who is Disney's streaming service worthwhile for?
A colorful mix of different genres, films and series should be included Disney + don't necessarily expect. Rather, you concentrate on your own cult classics, children's films and various productions from the Marvel and Star Wars universes. Anyone who would like to see a dark thriller or an experimental indie flick is on the platform of Disney so definitely wrong.
Because even if series like “The Mandalorian” would theoretically be offered to a completely adult audience, it is almost guaranteed that you will be in the house Disney will keep all productions either completely or at least partially family-friendly.
A subscription should therefore be particularly worthwhile for parents or families. Especially if the catalog of Disney + once it is properly developed, both parents and children should get their money's worth.
Whether the various films and series from the Marvel and Star Wars Universe, which will only appear in the future, are reason enough for a subscription, everyone must ultimately decide for themselves. At least Disney-Fans should already be aware of this.
Disney: Everything you need to know about Disney +
- German start date: 24.03.2020
- price: € 6.99 per month or € 69.99 per year
- picture quality: HD to Ultra HD
- Profiles: Up to 7 profiles per account are possible
- Stream at the same time:Possible on a maximum of 4 devices
- Contents of Pixar, Marvel, Starwars, National Geographic, 20th Century and of course Disney will be at Disney + be available sooner or later.
- Also offeredDisney one Early bird discount (Saving of 10 €). The discount could be used until March 23, 2020.
From Nail Akkoyun
More to Disney: Baby Yoda as a tank? What is behind the strange action.
“The Mandalorian” on free TV: This is how “Star Wars” fans can watch the first episode for free.
- Where can I find Norwegian churches online
- Why Startup Companies Choose Singapore
- What are some Halloween makeup ideas
- How often do Chinese people eat western food
- What are common startup scams
- How do banks make money
- Gold has an intrinsic value
- How far can a 22 ball travel
- What is the best geometry drawing software
- Money gives confidence
- How do I clear my certificate cache
- What was an authentic Nazi uniform
- Shaving makes facial hair grow faster
- Vitamin supplements can cause cancer
- What is Hawker Food Singapore Forum
- What is the best workstation pc
- What kills people the most
- How many US presidents in total
- After the big bang, inflation occurred
- What song makes you think of someone
- Is life better to know more or less
- What is 3 3 3 3
- Can you be a pansexual panromantic
- Cancer can be a one-time smoker
- How dangerous are untreated gallstones
- Why do some people never find partners
- Is human nature basically selfish or altruistic?
- What makes teaching so rewarding for you
- Which country is better Kuwait or Dubai
- Is seaweed technically an alga
- What are the results of deforestation
- Which city uses the area code 866
- How Skype shows WhatsApp that I'm typing
- What are the students' diets made of