How can I clean walls with vinegar?
Cleaning a wall
Clean the wall depending on the wall coating
Everyone knows the problem with dirty walls. Be it through dirty hands, by children when playing or otherwise. Dirt gets on walls again and again. Whether and how the wall can be cleaned depends largely on its coating:
- plastered and painted
- plastered and with wallpaper
- plastered and with woodchip wallpaper
Clean the wall with woodchip wallpaper
The woodchip wallpaper is particularly problematic. The material is not particularly resistant to mechanical influences. Cleaning the wall with a brush is therefore not advisable. Water as a cleaning agent is also not suitable for the woodchip, as the paper-like wallpaper dissolves quickly.
In most cases it will be necessary to repaint the wall. It may still be possible to touch up with paint only in the area of the soiling. This works particularly well if the paint is not too old, as the color tone does not deviate too much from the time it was painted.
You can wash off many conventional wallpapers
Walls with conventional wallpaper, on the other hand, can be cleaned very well. Since most wallpapers are water-resistant and coated, washing them off is quite an option. You can also use a really soft brush here. However, you have to be extremely careful.
Cleaning a painted wall: color matters
In principle, it is also possible to clean a painted wall. Here again the decisive factor is what kind of color it is. Certain colors such as glue paints or certain lime paints (and of course milk of lime) are water-soluble. So washing up is not an option here.
It looks different with walls that have been painted with conventional emulsion paint. These colors are usually declared as "washable". However, such a wall should be washed at regular intervals (once or twice a year). If dirt remains on the paint for too long, it can penetrate deeper. Then the dirt can no longer be completely removed and clouds can form.
* Affiliate link to Amazon
- Without death there can be life
- What are witches and wizards
- What is charging in the internal combustion engine
- What is the essence of developmental psychology
- What is the most beautiful girl name
- Has BTS Jimin died
- How is it that nobody understands my perspective
- Has anyone had any success selling LulaRoe
- Who created the income tax
- Is it fair to cheat at poker?
- How big were the ancient Roman prisons
- What are observed and expected values
- Why do Singaporeans hate Singapore
- Can I ever be happy or successful?
- Why is the google search url so long
- Which Bible do you believe in
- How do plants really depend on animals
- What is a facebook funnel
- Why is there the problem of scarcity
- What are some great guitar podcasts
- Black holes make sense
- Eat cancer symptoms can come and go
- How many people are using R.
- Can I kill someone in one fell swoop