What pennies are copper
Federal Republic of Germany 2 Pfennig 1969 J Kupfer
I keep receiving inquiries and offers about this coin as well. Therefore, I would like to take a look at the topic of this rare (???) coin at this point.
Production of the coin blanks
First of all, it is important to know that this coin was minted with a total mintage of around 40 million pieces. In preparation for the minting of these coins, metal sheets (so-called Zaine) were used. The coin blanks are punched out of these sheets. Depending on the size of the coin, a different number of blanks can be obtained from a sheet. With 2 pfennig pieces that was 550 coins.
Use of the coin blanks
Sheets that were made of copper before 1968 were used for the 2 pfennig coins. After 1968, steel sheets alloyed with copper were used. In the production of the round blanks for the 1969 vintage, as far as could later be traced, a single sheet of pure copper was accidentally used for a delivery to the Hamburg mint. 550 rounds were then punched out of this and the coins were then minted. So there are probably only 550 in total Coins 2 Pfennig 1969 J (Hamburg), which are made of pure copper.
Differentiation between the expensive and the inexpensive 2 Pfennig 1969 J
A distinction between the massive copper-clad coins and the pure copper pieces can be made quite easily. It is wrong to say that the rare mismatch is non-magnetic. The common type with a steel core is also non-magnetic. It is true that the expensive coins cannot be magnetized. This means that the rare copper pieces cannot be attracted by a magnet; the heaped pieces, on the other hand, stick to a magnet. This simple experiment provides clear evidence of whether it is a rare misprint or a common, normal piece. Apart from that, the color of the pure copper pieces is not as reddish as that of the coins with a steel core.
Counterfeits 2 Pfennig 1969 J copper
Of the Coins 2 Pfennig 1969 J copper counterfeits occur again and again. The year is removed from other pure copper coins and replaced with 1969. These fakes are very difficult to spot. Since 2 pfennig coins made of pure copper are used for the counterfeit, the entire specifications including the non-magnetizability are not a recognition feature. Therefore, you should only buy such coins from an experienced coin dealer.
On the edge
I was already full of glasses 2 pfennig coins the Issued in 1969 J offered. The potential sellers had already planned the expected sales proceeds of more than 100,000.00 euros in some cases. It was only when I asked whether they were puzzled that they had found so many rare coins that made them a little thoughtful. At the time of the transition from the DM to the Euro, I sometimes received over 100 calls a day with sales inquiries about these pieces. It was so much that I had to temporarily turn off the phone.
- What drugs make someone fat
- Who wants to join Quora
- What happens when the Antarctic melts
- How much is 100 to pounds
- What are different types of Thai food
- What are convincing reasons against gun control?
- What counts as good chess scoring
- Which countries have the craziest drivers
- Can we consume spoiled food
- What is 1 1 1 1 37
- What are the best pebble watch apps
- A time fold is possible
- How is a wormhole created
- What are the best brands of pressure washers
- Why can only I feel crystal energy?
- Animals except humans have boogers
- What are well-paid jobs in Germany
- How should you deal with winning a lottery?
- Is it safe to visit Cambodia
- How useful is math in everyday life
- What does Texas Instruments do besides pocket calculators
- Which is the best infertility hospital
- What skills would a Roman emperor need?
- Doing business online is a profitable idea