How can we thank Quora
Quora: what's behind the hype?
The topic of Quora haunted the media landscape in the past few days. Journalists in particular were enthusiastic about the community. What is special about the question-and-answer portal, which is definitely not the first of its kind? The US tech blog scene quickly puffs up a small invention into a megatrend. And so buzzwords like “revolution in topic finding” and “blogging 3.0” are already floating around, although it is not entirely clear to me what blogging 2.0 should have been. Twitter?
Tech blogger Robert Scoble is already wondering whether Quora is the biggest blog innovation in the past decade. How does he fix that? The fact that Quora learned a lot from social networks. It offers a live stream similar to Twitter, looks like a blog and has adopted Twitter's follower principle. That means you can ask your questions to anyone or just your friends. You can follow people or - and that's really clever - questions and answers. Quora supports live updates. So you can see when someone is writing something, you can rate answers. But that rather points to a Yahoo Answers 2.0.
Better topic finding?
Scoble also emphasizes that it is very easy to find topics that you can then write about in your own blog. In any case, the first blogs are already adopting entire entries from Quora. So the main difference to Yahoo Answers or CosmIQ is the more modern interface. And if you should actually consider Quora as a blog platform - Martin Weigert played through the idea once - then the great advantage would be that you would have all the postings in one place. In other words: I don't have to surf to the Spreeblick first, then to Nerdcore and finally to the Postillon, but find everything in one place, even sorted by topics that interest me. That would mean that the author would decrease in importance and that new talents would get a chance.
Free LinkedIn guide!
Register now for our weekly BT compact newsletter. As a thank you we give you ours LinkedIn guide.
However, Quora will not be able to protect itself from the fact that at some point the general public will drop by and ask questions like "What about me with Nokia 5760?" But then I read another message on Techcrunch about frequently asked questions to Quora, all of which could have been the heading of a message or at least could easily be converted into one:
- Given its growth, can Quora keep its campfire atmosphere?
- What makes Quora different from the 20+ other companies that have tried Q&A?
- Is Quora Overrated and How Do You Make Money?
The users can give the answers directly. Still, I'm skeptical that journalism and blogging will shift to Quora. I tend to consider Quora to be a helpful addition. We can just do the test: We look for exciting topics on Quora for a month on a trial basis - and you tell us whether the selection of topics has improved a lot here. I Agree?
- How many faces on a cone
- How are the health systems outside of the United States
- What are some crazy inventions in biotechnology
- How useful are stones to us
- Is it always healthy to be afraid?
- What do you hate about Asheville
- What is a methodist
- What is the importance of having relatives
- What are Affiliate Marketing Networks
- Have you eaten your meal?
- Which carnivore has the most varied diet
- Do I need more than 60 FPS
- How do you interpret total distribution points
- What is the best remedy for phimosis
- Who are Singapore's twin cities
- Is C a good first programming language
- Are Kashmiri beautiful
- Who is the highest paid mechanical engineer
- Is 100 pounds overweight
- What are some learning resources on psychology
- What is the purpose of measure theory
- How many rings does Lebron James have
- What are the differences between Myanmar and Burma
- Foreign men are attracted to Irish women
- Swimming reduces human breasts
- What's your rating of Quora Spaces
- Can a neutered female have sex
- Feelings are mutual when we miss someone
- What is a simple cutting diet
- What should we do with ugly people
- How does sex smell
- Who regulates affiliate marketing
- How can I become a ServiceNow developer