When did Albania join NATO?
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
At the initiative of Foreign Minister Maas, NATO commissioned a reflection process to strengthen NATO's political dimension in December 2019. In March 2020, NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg appointed a ten-person committee of experts and advisors chaired by Federal Minister a. D. Dr. Thomas de Maizière and the former US diplomat A. Wess Mitchell. The two co-chairs have now presented the final report of the panel of experts under the heading “NATO 2030 - United For a New Era” at the meeting of the NATO foreign ministers on January 1st and 2nd. December 2020.
The full text in English can be found here:
Working translation of the final report “NATO 2030 - United for a New Era”
In the coming months, the NATO allies will now develop further proposals for the further development of the alliance for the spring meeting of NATO foreign ministers, before the reflection process will then be concluded at the NATO summit in 2021.
In a globally networked world, no country can solve international conflicts on its own. It is also true that hardly any country can protect itself sufficiently against cross-border risks and threats on its own. Germany is therefore dependent on partners and alliances that are based on mutual support and solidarity. The North Atlantic Alliance (NATO) remains a central pillar of German security and defense policy.
Collective Defense, Crisis Management and Cooperative Security
Collective defense, crisis management and cooperative security are the three core tasks of NATO. At the Lisbon Summit in 2010, the NATO countries laid down these three tasks in the Alliance's Strategic Concept.
The core of the alliance is collective defense: in the event of an attack from outside, NATO members support each other. It is crucial that potential attackers are deterred so that a defense case does not arise in the first place.
As part of crisis management, the NATO allies advocate security and stability where the security of NATO countries is affected. On the one hand, this involves crisis prevention, i.e. the effort to prevent crises and their escalation. On the other hand, it is about crisis management and post-conflict stabilization, such as in Afghanistan or Kosovo.
The third task, cooperative security, describes the Alliance's will to ensure international security and stability through cooperation with non-NATO countries. This cooperation can take various forms, for example by creating opportunities for dialogue for transparency and confidence-building.
On April 4, 1949, twelve states in Europe and North America signed the North Atlantic Treaty in Washington. Today the North Atlantic Pact Organization (Atlantic Alliance, NATO) includes the following countries: Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Canada, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary, United Kingdom and the United States of America. The ratification process for the 30th member North Macedonia is currently underway.
- What is your unofficial Christmas tradition
- Excess water can cause digestive problems
- What is the best restaurant in Maui
- Why is war not considered a crime?
- What is electronegativity and electropositivity
- What defines a relationship
- What are the different uses of diodes
- What are the benefits of sharing the woman
- What are the best free classified websites
- What's your rating of Veena World
- Marketing is everywhere What does that mean
- What are the healthiest sandwiches from Subways
- What does Google consider duplicate content
- Erlang is dead
- How does web hosting work
- What symbolizes Ireland's national symbol
- Is language an invention or a discovery
- Why is muesli regarded as breakfast food
- Why do Jamia students protest against CAB
- Could you distinguish between obsession and passion
- What would make you learn Chinese?
- When do we use hypothesis tests
- Which country produces the most PV modules
- Is the soul a kind of dark matter