Which continent does Iceland belong to
Iceland is located in northern Europe. It is part of Northern Europe. Because Iceland is an island, it is an island nation. Iceland is located in the Atlantic just south of the Arctic Circle. The closest neighbor is Greenland in the northwest. In between lies the strait of the Denmark Strait. North of Iceland is the Greenland Sea, in the east the European Arctic Ocean, in the south the sea is called the North Atlantic.
How is it in Iceland?
About eleven percent of Iceland's area are glacier. The greatest of them is that Vatnajokull. It stretches over 8,100 square kilometers - that's more than 252,000 soccer fields!
Volcanoes are another feature of Iceland's landscape. Two tectonic plates run under Iceland. They are separated by a mountain range, the "Mid-Atlantic Ridge", which is largely below sea level. Iceland thus forms one of the highest peaks of this mountain range. Most of the volcanoes are located where the two tectonic plates meet. There are 31 active volcanoes in Iceland. Some volcanoes lie under glaciers. Due to the volcanic activity there is here too Geysers. These are hot springs that regularly emit fountains of water.
water occurs a lot in Iceland, namely in the form of rivers, lakes and waterfalls. The waterfall with the most water is the Urriðafoss. It is 40 meters wide, but the height of fall is only 6 meters. The highest waterfall is the Morsárfoss, which falls 227 meters deep.
The interior is from Icelandic highlands educated. It is very dry and windy here. In addition to volcanoes and glaciers, there are also stone deserts, lava fields and rivers running in deep gorges.
The longest river in the country is the Thjorsa. In Icelandic it is written like this: Þjórsá. It flows 230 kilometers through Iceland, from northeast to southwest. It flows into the sea at the Urriðafoss waterfall. The highest mountain is Hvannadalshnúkur with a height of 2110 meters. It is located in the southeast of the island.
- Trump supports the TPP
- How are Dark Souls games made
- What is the richest city in Russia
- Why do some libertarians hate the EU?
- NASA is hiding something from us
- What are alternatives to data science jobs
- What is the normal probability distribution
- Physical pain masks mental pain
- What is Huntington WV known for
- Why did Quora disable the mobile site
- Can you get food on a plane
- How is real sex
- Can I eat red meat every day
- Why is public nudity not encouraged?
- How do students make good lecture notes
- How do I publish original research
- Why do I ignore people
- Is Apple oversubscribed
- How would YOU have written Harry Potter
- Why do people play slot machines
- What does random input mean
- What are the main functions of stirrups
- Is IIM better than Anna University
- Which nation is the most caucasian