Are coconut macaroon biscuits
Coconut macaroons are one of the most popular cookies for a reason. With this recipe they will be nice and soft!
Coconut macaroons are an absolute classic in Christmas baking. When they're done well, they're nice and soft and juicy. After fiddling back and forth, I finally found it: the best for me Coconut macaroons. Simple, straightforward, very variable. And of course really tasty!
Because admittedly I had my baking problems with macaroons for a long time - sometimes the coconut macaroons were dry and hard, sometimes the mass fell apart just looking at them. This Coconut macaroons recipe however, is the blast. Easypeasy - because in the Advent season you already have enough to worry about. The basic recipe for the simple coconut macaroons consists of only 3 ingredients: egg white, sugar, coconut flakes. The remaining ingredients are more or less optional - and can be added to flavor as you wish. Because as with many other Christmas cookie classics, for example grandma’s vanilla crescents or angel eyes, you can vary the recipe nicely. If you like, you can use it to make coconut macaroons with wafers.
By the way: there are also recipes with quark or marzipan. I like this refreshing, only slightly sour taste Coconut macaroons recipe but better. And how do coconut macaroons get juicy? If you like the soft consistency like me, you should definitely keep an eye on the baking time: The macaroons must still be nice and light when you take them out of the oven.
This is how the quick coconut macaroons become juicy
Another secret is the lemon icing or chocolate icing, which serves as a kind of protection against drying out. In addition, the proportion of coconut in relation to the egg whites must not be too high. But the pastry will also be delicious without topping. Have fun with my coconut macaroon recipe, easy and quick! Also try the vegan macaroons without baking 🙂
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2015 and last updated it in 2019.
Do you already know my eBook "Clean Baking"?
So, what are you waiting for? Get your "Clean Baking" eBook now and learn more than 60 healthy and delicious baking recipes with me!
juicy coconut macaroons
For the macaroon mixture
- 4 medium-sized egg whites
- 2prices of salt
- 150 grams of powdered sugar or sugar
- 200 grams coconut flakes
- 1 piece of lemon of which juice and zest
Optional to cover
- 2 pieces of lemon of which juice and zest; for lemon icing
- 200 grams of powdered sugar for lemon icing
- Chocolate icing for chocolate topping
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees top and bottom heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat the egg whites (which really shouldn't contain a trace of egg yolk!) With the salt until stiff. As soon as the egg whites are quite firm, let the sugar trickle in slowly while continuing to stir. Continue beating until the egg whites have shiny tips and are completely stiff.
- Wash the lemon, rub off the zest with a zest, cut in half and squeeze out. Add the juice and the grated zest to the egg whites. Carefully but thoroughly fold in with the desiccated coconut.
- With two teaspoons or your hands, place about 45 small piles of coconut on the baking paper. Bake the macaroons for around 12 to 15 minutes. They should still be comparatively light and soft. Let cool down.
- For the coating, rub and squeeze the lemons and mix the juice with the sifted powdered sugar. Brush or coat the macaroons with it. Decorate with zest. Alternatively, dip in liquid chocolate icing.
- Lead poisoning is considered contagious
- What are the Most Amazing Calculator Hacks
- What is the father-in-law
- How much do astrophysicists earn at NASA
- What is the cheapest mail autoresponder
- What inspires creativity
- Which question do you rarely answer honestly
- What are the biggest problems for Indonesia
- Is there a way to reverse diabetes
- Has anyone had any success selling LulaRoe
- How much does the PEI ferry cost
- What is the cube root of 95
- How has America changed over time?
- Which bicycle manufacturers have online shops
- Why wasn't the Delorean a successful car
- How can I make my child healthy?
- What makes a girl smart
- What if the time is reversed
- What are the courses in health informatics
- What is cuelinks
- Is China an enemy
- Why should he intentionally avoid eye contact?
- What kind of diapers are you wearing
- Mental health days are legal