A natural diamond is a real diamond
This is how you recognize a real diamond
A diamond ring is often the most important piece of jewelry a woman has in her life. Whether for an engagement or as a gift to yourself: turning a milestone into a diamond is the best way to keep precious memories in mind every day.
Rings with real diamonds are usually not exactly a small investment. Understandable if you want to be absolutely sure that your copy is a real, natural diamond.
Here we reveal to you:
- What other gemstones are often issued as diamonds
- How To Spot Synthetic Diamonds And Why You Should Avoid Them
- How you can be sure of buying a real diamond
“Real” or “natural” diamonds consist of a single element, namely carbon. After thousands of years, the enormous pressure and heat in the earth's interior turn the carbon molecules into diamonds. Through movements in the earth's surface, these finally reach the surface.
More on the topic: How diamonds are made and where they are found
Every natural diamond is absolutely unique. And like everything unique, it is never “perfect”: Small carbon molecules are still trapped in every real diamond. No diamond is like another because of it. (How many and how large "impurities" are inside the diamond is measured with the purity scale.)
Their uniqueness and rarity make diamonds the most valuable gemstones in the world. Its breathtaking sparkle makes hearts beat faster and casts a spell on all viewers. A real diamond cannot be compared to any other gemstone. And yet there are often forgeries, imitations and copies of the "king of gemstones" on the market.
- Diamonds are the hardest material in the world and only scratch other diamonds. Therefore, you do not wear yourself out even with daily wear.
- No other gemstone surpasses the fascinating sparkle of a perfectly cut, real diamond.
- A real diamond is a stable, reliable investment.
- A real diamond is absolutely unique: no two diamonds are alike.
- Their millennia-long history makes diamonds the ultimate symbol of eternal love.
Ready-made “engagement rings” are often offered on the Internet, but also at “normal” jewelers. Don't be too early if the price for a one-carat appears surprisingly low: if you take a closer look, you will notice that the set stone is not a diamond, but another white gemstone.
Note: Of course, an engagement ring doesn't have to be a diamond ring. However, if you decide to buy a ring with a different gemstone, make sure that you always pay a fair price! You can find rings with colored gemstones here, for example.
When looking for an engagement ring, pay attention to whether the gemstone set is a diamond or one of these gemstones:
These gemstones are similar to diamonds
- White sapphire
- Colorless zircon (not to be confused with the material zirconia)
- Colorless topaz
Because diamonds are the most popular, but also the rarest gemstones, imitations of the precious natural products are now being made with enormous expenditure of energy. Buying an artificial diamond is one of the most common mistakes when buying an engagement ring.
Compared to real diamonds, the synthetic variant has a much lower value. The sentimental meaning is also lost: after their millennia-long history and with their small blemishes that make them unmistakable, diamonds are the ultimate symbol for an eternal, unique love story.
It is often worthwhile to visit a trustworthy jeweler to confirm the authenticity of a diamond. However, there are also a few tricks you can use to test the authenticity of your diamond yourself:
1. Fluorescence in black light
Most diamonds glow medium to very strong blue under black light. If this effect shows up on your copy, you can assume that it is a real diamond. If, on the other hand, the stone is slightly green, yellow or gray, it is probably a different or a fake gemstone.
Danger! Not every real diamond fluoresces in black light. Since fluorescence is one of the characteristics that influence the value of a diamond, this is noted in diamond certificates from the GIA.
2. Impurities under a magnifying glass or magnifying glass
If you cannot see any impurities (visible as smaller or larger black dots) under a magnification of at least ten times, it is either a fake diamond or an extremely valuable, exceptionally pure specimen.
Above: Diamond of purity level "I" with clearly recognizable impurities
You can also use the magnification to check whether there is an engraved number on the so-called girdle. This number corresponds to the certificate of your - in this case real - diamond:
3. How you can be absolutely sure that you are holding a real diamond: diamond certificate
We recommend that you only buy diamonds that have been certified by an independent institute. This is the only way you can be absolutely sure that your diamond
- was mined in an ethical way
- was not stolen
- corresponds to the specified quality characteristics
The best known relevant institutes are the GIA, AGS, and IGI. The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) is the world's most highly respected organization for the certification of diamonds and other precious stones and has developed, among other things, today's standard scales for classifying the value of diamonds.
For these reasons, My Diamond Ring only offers GIA certified diamonds.
- What are the laws against verbal abuse
- How was Carthage different from Rome?
- Make casinos cash money orders
- How is sex with heroin
- What is the diet in India
- What is important for success
- Is Ocean of Games real
- How do I write an email newsletter
- How do you make money playing poker
- How do I take care of new customers
- Is 1 an odd or even number
- What is the monetary system
- Is manipulated words with friends
- How does Apple Push Notifications work
- How do I crack Gate ECE 2018
- Why don't doctors like chiropractors
- Is Clayton Missouri dangerous?
- Should I register a company?
- How did Singlish come about
- How did Islam conquer the Byzantine Empire
- How does Quora deal with rhetorical questions
- Why can bump stocks still be sold?
- How to find an EIN number
- Which number is greater than 4 or 9
- How big could humans get on Mars
- Indian girls like black men
- Is there an affordable alternative to ClickFunnels
- How does the game development process work?
- Real analysis is used in math
- Malay is difficult
- Loyalty is a good trait
- What are good B2B advertising sites
- Creates awareness of reality
- Should i do my homework