What does the US economy expect in 2019
The US economy is turning - but there is no place for euphoria
In the first quarter of 2019, growth was surprisingly strong. But the pace will not be able to be sustained.
The US economy grew strongly in the first quarter of the year, according to an initial official estimate by the US authorities. Annualized, real gross domestic product (GDP) increased by 3.2% at the beginning of the year, after annual growth of 2.9% in 2018 and 2.2% in 2017.
Such a high value was not necessarily to be expected in view of the 35 days of the government shutdown, which lasted well into January, as well as the ongoing trade tensions, the slowdown in growth in the rest of the world and the volatility of the financial markets in the fourth quarter of 2018. Since the outlook has improved again in the meantime - the International Monetary Fund is expecting a slight acceleration in global growth from the middle of the year - the economic fears that arose in the USA at the turn of the year will for the time being vanish again.
It appears that the US economy and the Federal Reserve are making a soft landing after strong growth stimulated by expansive fiscal policy and a series of interest rate hikes in 2019. In May, the current economic upswing in the USA, which began in June 2009, should last for an incredible 120 months and catch up with the longest expansion of the post-war period to date, which lasted from March 1991 to February 2001.
But there is no place for growth euphoria. Traditionally volatile items such as inventory build-up by companies, higher exports and more extensive government spending at the local and state level contributed to the strong expansion in the first quarter, while consumer spending and capital investment, which were generally heavy, were rather subdued. This suggests that the US economy will continue to expand, but will not be able to maintain the high pace throughout the year.
- Students really hate Sejarah in Malaysia
- How does Facebook use machine learning
- What is an influencer in the making
- Koreans are attracted to Filipinos
- Is the word superfluous superfluous
- How much are silver US quarters worth
- What's your favorite submarine
- What was there before the currency
- Marriage is making a comeback
- Which blogging platforms do you pay directly
- Vitamin D deficiency is serious
- What is a Super Affiliate System 1
- What is CHM in a digital watch
- Which is the strongest currency in the world
- Is it necessary to market your product
- What do personality tests really do
- How is dark matter proven
- How feasible is an MBA from Singapore
- Tulsi Gabbard is a president
- What do people think of PHHHOTO
- What are good things about Azerbaijan
- Why do homeless people not have discounts
- Exit stairs must be closed
- What are the sources of information