Which country has the most doctors
Total number of doctors in Germany increased slightly
Berlin - The total number of working doctors registered with the state medical associations has increased slightly. It increased to 402,119 last year. In 2018 there were 392,402 doctors. This comes from the current statistics of the German Medical Association (BÄK) for the year 2019.
The number of doctors in other areas of activity grew disproportionately strongly (+6.0 percent). These doctors are not available for direct patient care, as the BÄK announced.
The proportion of doctors working in hospitals has increased slightly in relation to all medical professionals. It amounts to 51.5 percent (previous year: 51.4 percent). The outpatient area recorded an increase of 1.6 percent, which corresponds to an increase of 2,558 doctors. As of December 31st, 159,846 doctors were working on an outpatient basis.
While the number of residents has fallen by 1,142 to 116,330 (-1 percent), more and more doctors are opting for employment in the outpatient sector. Their number has increased sixfold since 1997 to around 44,000.
According to the BÄK, the number of specialist medical qualifications has developed positively. In 2019, 13,742 recognitions were given (2018: 13,336). Most were earned with 2,100 for the specialist title in internal medicine. The number of recognitions in the subjects of general medicine as well as internal and general medicine increased from 1,567 to 1,689 compared to the previous year.
The BÄK points out that medical offspring is urgently needed.
The need for treatment is growing steadily due to the aging of the population. The number of treatment cases in the clinics increased from 17.8 to 19.5 million between 2009 and 2017. Around 20 percent of working doctors are also expected to retire soon because they are now over 60.
According to the BÄK, immigration from abroad provides some relief. The number of foreign doctors registered in Germany grew by around 3,800 in 2019 to 58,168 (+7.0 percent). The largest number of working doctors comes from Romania (4,433), Syria (4,486), Greece (2,811), the Russian Federation (2,321) and Austria (2,381). There are 1,898 doctors who have emigrated abroad.
"The corona pandemic shows us drastically how much our social and economic life depends on a well-functioning health system," said BÄK President Klaus Reinhardt. Politicians should give top priority in future to promoting young talent and securing skilled workers in the health care system. He emphasized that health care workers are systemically relevant, in normal operation and especially in times like these. © may / dpa / aerzteblatt.de
- What happens when the magnetic poles are reversed
- Which topics are best for writing texts
- What is 45 lbs to kg
- Every person has a spiritual awakening
- What's the best in content marketing
- Why were old people taller and taller
- What's your scariest pizza delivery experience
- Why is my toe purple and swollen
- What are the Symptoms of HIV
- How can I study immunology
- What's your biggest distraction
- What is the best investment finance book
- Why is chocolate bad for dogs
- What is the plural of praseodymium
- What is the law of the cosmological constant
- SMS Marketing Helps You Reach Customers
- What young leader do you follow
- How much do video game studios make
- Are Lutheran Grants Real?
- Why don't people read my answers
- Can Islam unite Pakistan?
- Amazon India makes a profit
- Which is better MyHeritage or 23andMe
- Is the truth the greatest lie