Why wasn't the Delorean a successful car
“First design a car like the Fiat Panda!” - a conversation with the car designer of the century
You have just celebrated your 80th birthday and look back on a wide range of life's work: In addition to the Fiat Panda, your most famous designs also include the VW Golf, the BMW M1, the Maserati Ghibli and the DeLorean DMC-12. Which is more difficult to design, a compact car or a luxury body?
The sports car is always easier. The shape is proportional to the product if you have 12 cylinders and need a special length for aerodynamics. When I make a Ferrari, it becomes a luxury product because of its content. But design a car like the Fiat Panda: First you get a long list from the designers and you have far fewer options. It's about aerodynamics, length, weight, trunk size, safety standards. Regulations regarding the protection of pedestrians. More and more conditions have to be met. Everything has to be right, only then will it be approved.
That sounds indignant.
No no. There are good reasons that society keeps passing new laws. Where would we go if everyone could do what they want? In an increasingly mobile world, the product is of course becoming more and more complex. But this challenge stimulates and motivates the designer in every way. Every obstacle motivates us to find new solutions.
What role does design play in the automotive industry?
The task of design is to give the vehicle an economic value, but also a certain character. A person's purchase decision is often instinctive, which is why the product has to be attractive - after all, it should be sold. Ideally, a car has something that models from other manufacturers don't have. One aspect needs to be highlighted that is attractive and meaningful: this car and no other. Whoever does not create attraction has not done his job.
- Can I implement TensorFlow without learning ML
- Why Most Pakistanis Are Muslim
- Bitcoin will reach 20,000 in 2020
- Why should I get solar panels
- How are obesity and breast cancer related?
- What are sequential circuits and combinational circuits
- What fashion trends are popular in Singapore
- What are some clickbaits on Quora
- What movie made you cry
- How much does an anorexic person eat
- Why shouldn't gambling make someone rich?
- How do I blog
- Do you want the best affiliate software
- Are women less prone to HIV
- What are the best logical interview questions
- How are wages taxed?
- Is the intelligence distributed normally
- What is a sale in store
- Is love a choice
- How does the e-commerce business work
- Clickbank affiliate is worth your time
- Why are cookies bad for you 1
- How is American culture changing
- What makes peach seeds poisonous